Hard to believe the fire hose used in this striking piece has seen the line of duty. But oh how the O-Type has indeed.
The design crew at Oxgut—especially this chair’s namesake Designer, Oliver DiCicco—always appreciates materials with qualities that reflect their past. However, with the impeccably clean lines of this chair, we handpicked the pristine interiors of retired, double-jacketed hose specifically for an ultra-clean pairing with its dramatic frame. Fine details on the steel and aluminum body like counter sunk fasteners, and smooth Delrin wheels, all add to the chair’s sleek silhouette. Proud to serve your home, work and life. Indoor and outdoor.
- Hand-crafted in the U.S. with complete domestic production.
- Each chair is numbered & hand-stamped.
- Features Oxgut™ Retired Fire Hose, salvaged from Bay Area, Lake Tahoe and Northern California fire stations.
- Steel frame, powder coated
- Aluminum seat channel
- Smooth, black Delrin wheels
- Stainless steel fasteners
Chair: 19 3⁄4” W x 21” D x 34” H
Seat: 16” W x 16” D x 19 1⁄2” H
Ships Assembled: 24” W x 24” D x 36” H
Weight: 28 lbs.
Lead time: 3–4 weeks
- The light, single-stitching color may vary slightly with different runs of chairs.
- The color of the stitch may also vary on one side of the hose than the other. (Front to back, visible).
- A matching set of up to (6) chairs can be made from one 50’ fire hose.
- Care: furniture can be spot cleaned with water and mild soap.
Retailers please contact us here for details.